- Mariana von-Lucken
Mariana von-Lucken is an experienced and highly respected taxation professional. Following time with accounting firm Coopers & Lybrand, including time spent in the Prague office, Mariana joined HLB Mann Judd in mid-2000.
Mariana is highly regarded for her focus on practical outcomes, Mariana’s expertise covers several broad areas including:
- advising funds management businesses in relation to taxation matters, as well as advice in relation to year end tax distributions
- advising businesses in relation to international transfer pricing issues, including tax compliance and documentation
- R&D concessions for businesses seeking to maximise their entitlements
- advising a wide range of businesses and not-for-profits on strategies for minimising their fringe benefits tax liabilities
- advising both vendors and purchasers in relation to the taxation implications that relate to various transactions. This advice has included implications relating to income tax, GST and stamp duty.
Mariana’s expertise is best illustrated through her work in relation to two major tasks.
The securing from the Australian Taxation Office a cash refund on behalf of a client operating in the mining sector. The company had previously applied for R&D concessions through a deficient entity structure, which would have resulted in a significant and immediate loss of revenue.
The restructuring of a retail confectionary manufacturer prior to its sale. Her work spanned a multiplicity of complex business structures including a tax consolidated group, a unit trust and discretionary trust, and resulted in significant tax savings for the vendors.
Mariana is highly regarded by both clients and peers for her problem solving skills and her ability to achieve quick results that are both practical and commercially astute. She currently sits on the Education Committee of the Taxation Institute of Australia, is the Chair of the New South Wales State Council of the Taxation Institute of Australia, and a member of the Women in Tax Committee of the Taxation Institute of Australia.
Expertise and Specialisation
Capital gains/fringe benefits/goods and services tax
Qualifications and Memberships
Master of Taxation ( University of NSW - ATAX)
Bachelor of Commerce (University of Canberra)
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia
|Phone:||+61 2 9020 4000|
|Fax:||+61 2 9020 4190|