Should I apply?
The Qld government are willing to provide matched funding for up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will:
- Enhance the digital capabilities of their business;
- Help them to be more competitive; and
- Employ more staff.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the product or service. The value of the grant will be increased to compensate for any GST.
Is my business eligible?
To be eligible your business must:
- Have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Be based in Queensland
- Have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months
- Declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent
How can I use the Small Business Digital Grant?
Here are some examples of how you can use the grant for your business:
- Purchase new hardware for example new laptops with 4G capabilities will allow for better workforce mobility.
- Software such as Adobe Creative Cloud that can assist your business with graphic design and photo editing.
- Web development and local hosting services that will allow your business to successfully break into the online market.
- Marketing agency services that can assist with strategy development to increase your business exposure to the right target audience.
Ready to apply?
Round 2 is currently open and will close on the 10th April 2017.
Further rounds are currently proposed for June and November 2017.
Our team at HLB Mann Judd
can assist in the completion of your Grant Applications and the R & D Tax Incentive. To discuss your business and the grants available, contact us by email email@example.com
or call +61 7 30018800.