Laura joined HLB Mann Judd (Gold Coast) as an intern during her business degree. That early insight into the company’s culture sparked her desire to help businesses chase down their dreams.
She finished her studies, became a qualified Chartered Accountant and has over the past five years embellished the organisation’s culture with her ‘love-to-learn’ attitude. As a result she’s become integral to the HLB team, particularly in her current role as Client Manager where she’s the first port of call for clients.
Laura has a first-hand understanding of the issues facing private businesses and also what makes them tick. In her personal time, she also advises her husband and his family in the operation of their Queensland resort Lagoons 1770 Resort & Spa.
Like most of her clients, Laura was lured to the Gold Coast seven years ago by the relaxed lifestyle and professional and well-connected business community. What keeps her here is the challenge of helping businesses to take advantage of their opportunities and passion.
At the weekends you may run into Laura at Cbus Super Stadium supporting her beloved Gold Coast Titans. She’s also a supporter of World Vision, the Animal Welfare League, and a proud owner of two very cuddly Shetland Sheepdogs.
Expertise and Specialisation
- Periodic management reporting
- Building and construction
- Health professionals
- Technology and innovation
- Privately owned businesses
- Tax planning and tax research
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) - QUT, Gardens Point
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Member – Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Tax Institute – Merit in CTA 1 Foundations Course
- Xero Certified
- ACATG (Australasian CA Training Group) – Business Services I and Business Services II