Mariana von-Lucken is an experienced and highly respected taxation professional. Following time with accounting firm Coopers & Lybrand, including time spent in the Prague office, Mariana joined HLB Mann Judd in mid-2000.
Mariana is highly regarded by both clients and peers for her problem solving skills and her ability to achieve quick results that are both practical and commercially astute. She currently sits on the Education Committee of the Taxation Institute of Australia, and is a member of the Women in Tax Committee of the Taxation Institute of Australia.
It is important for Mariana to produce practical outcomes, provide an excellent service, build strong client relationships and add value where possible.
Her expertise covers several broad areas including:
- advising funds management businesses including private equity funds in relation to taxation matters, such as MIT status and TOFA, as well as advice in relation to year end tax distributions
- advising clients in relation to taxation matters, such as employee vs contractor provisions and payroll tax
- assisting foreign entities set up their business in Australia
- R&D concessions for businesses seeking to maximise their entitlements
- advising a wide range of businesses and not-for-profits on strategies for minimising their fringe benefits tax liabilities
- advising business vendors and purchasers in relation to the taxation implications that relate to various transactions. This advice has included implications relating to income tax, GST and stamp duty.
- advising businesses in relation to international transfer pricing issues, including tax compliance and documentation
Expertise and Specialisation
Capital gains/fringe benefits/goods and services tax
Qualifications and Memberships
Bachelor of Commerce, University of Canberra
Master of Taxation, University of NSW - ATAX
Member - Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Fellow - Taxation Institute of Australia