Married, with three adult children, Brian has 30+ years of experience as a principal in public practice, primarily with a mid-tier accounting firm where he spent several terms as a member of the firm’s board.
He is a business advisory specialist with in-depth knowledge of small and medium enterprises and professional firms across a range of industry sectors. He is acknowledged expert in the medical and allied health sector.
In former roles as an ASIC registered Company auditor, Local Government auditor and Forensic Accountant, Brian was exposed to a range of operating businesses and regulatory reporting environments. Post 2000, Brian earned additional post graduate qualifications in both Financial Planning and SMSFs and enhanced his hands-on operational experience in those areas. He enjoys applying his experience and technical training towards developing strategy and tactical planning with his clients. He has been involved in the acquisition and sale of multiple professional and trading businesses.
Outside of work, Brian has been involved in a number of sporting organisations where he enjoyed periods as Treasurer and Vice President of Queensland Cricket, Treasurer of GPS Old Boys Rugby Union Club Inc., President of University of Queensland Cricket Club and Treasurer of Ascot Clayfield Brother Junior Rugby Union Club.
Areas of expertise
- Self-managed Superannuation
- Business Advisory Sevices
- Professional Practice Structuring
- Entry and Exit Arrangements
- Asset Protection
- Tax Planning
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland - B.Com
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (FCA)
- Fellow, Taxation Institute of Australia (CTA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning
- ASIC registered SMSF Auditor
- Specialist Member, SMSF Association