Darryl Smith is highly regarded and respected business adviser who has the ability to communicate with people in an easily understandable and practical manner.
With over 20 years experience, he has specialist skills in advising privately owned and operated businesses in relation to operational, management and growth strategies including acquisitions, mergers and sales.
Darryl works closely with his clients and has developed strong and loyal relationships through helping to develop and grow their businesses profitability and high personal wealth, including strategies to optimise tax effectiveness.
Other areas of technical and strategic expertise include tax and SMSF planning, employment transition structuring for employers and employees, remuneration structuring, employee shares and options, ex-patriate and in-patriate structuring and personal financial management.
Areas of expertise
- Private Clients - including High Net Worth Individuals and Company Directors
- Family Owned Business - including Building Construction & Property Development, Manufacturing, Wholesale and Retail Enterprises
- Professional Services including Financial Services Enterprises
- Real Estate and Property Investment and Management
- Hospitality and Health Services
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) – Monash University
- Master of Taxation – Melbourne University
- Certificate in Financial Planning – Finsia
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Advisory, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Registered Entity, Compliance Committee Member
- Registered Company Auditor
- Registered Superannuation Auditor
- Registered Tax Agent
- RG 146 Superannuation - Financial Education Professionals
- Committee Member/Treasurer, Venus Bay Surf Life Saving Club
- Past Director/Secretary, DAX Centre Ltd
- Past Treasurer and Committee Member, St Kilda City Junior Football Club