Daryl leads Brisbane’s Tax Consulting division and is an experienced Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) with over 30 years’ of experience.
He specialises in advice on domestic and international tax issues across a wide range of industries and sectors, in particular those relating to corporates (listed and unlisted), SMEs, high net wealth individuals and private family groups. He provides tax advice relating to restructures, takeovers, demergers, trust and private company issues; expert reports for litigation; and various dealings with the Australian Tax Office.
Daryl spent more than 10 years’ working with the ATO, before moving into public practice with senior roles in several mid-tier firms. He brings excellent knowledge to the HLB Mann Judd team and enjoys forming long-term relationships with his clients, ensuring successful outcomes are achieved.
Areas of expertise
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Restructures
- Private and Class Ruling Applications
- ATO Audits, Objections and Reviews
- International and Cross-border Tax issues including Transfer Pricing (Arm’s Length Principle, documentation, etc.), Thin Capitalisation, Withholding Taxes, application of Double Tax Agreements
- Tax Issues for SMEs
Qualifications & memberships
- Master of Taxation
- Graduate Diploma (Taxation)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member, CPA Australia
- Chartered Tax Adviser, Taxation Institute