Josh Chye leads the Melbourne HLB Mann Judd Tax Consulting division. With a passion for understanding his clients’ commercial drivers, he is able to provide practical tax solutions in order to both solve problems and identify opportunities.
Josh’s professional tax background of seventeen years extends across working in the tax consulting divisions of reputable international second tier and big four firms which gives Josh the unique advantage of advising clients across all sectors and sizes from start-ups to foreign government funds.
Aside from offering both domestic and international tax compliance solutions, Josh has particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions advisory where he has led complex corporate restructure transactions, offshore/inbound transactions, managed investment scheme structuring, corporate debt refinancing and ASX listings.
Josh is recognised as a highly personable and passionate practitioner who is committed to assisting clients to achieve business outcomes that are practical, measurable and aimed at improving profitability having regard to the latest tax developments.
Areas of expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions tax structuring
- International expansion
- Large private companies and family offices
- Real Estate and Construction
- Funds Management
- Start Ups
- Expatriate Taxation
Qualifications & memberships
- MBA (Executive) – AGSM University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce – The University of Melbourne
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Tax Agent
- Associate Member, Tax Institute of Australia
- Board member and Treasurer of the Property Funds Association of Australia
- Board member and Vice President of the Australia Malaysia Business Council (Victoria Chapter)
- Board member and Treasurer of the Melbourne International Film Festival