Jude Lau possesses significant experience in providing quality audit assurance and corporate advisory services.
He is a passionate and an accomplished practitioner with a strong reputation for delivering tailored, personalised service and practical solutions, and is highly regarded for his hands-on approach and his willingness to provide plain-spoken and independent advice.
He understands business and commercial dynamics and applies his own business experience to finding the most suitable solutions for his clients.
He has previously spent time with the Victorian Auditor General’s Office, a role that required a stringent and proactive approach which he has continued to demonstrate since joining HLB Mann Judd in 1999.
Jude’s rigorous and thorough approach to his work was recognised when he undertook a HR due diligence review on behalf of the Victorian Department of Infrastructure, in relation to the refranchising of the M>Train and M>Tram public transport services under the Bracks Government. This was a highly complex task with additional political complexities and sensitivities, which benefited from Jude’s solutions-based approach that focused on identifying practical and achievable outcomes.
Jude’s client base includes private and public groups, including work for not-for-profit organisations. In particular, Jude undertakes a range of professional assignments including external audits, due diligence related to IPO work and corporate governance reviews. He also prepares statutory financial statements for several large private and ASX-listed groups. In recent times, he has developed a niche in IPO related engagements.
Areas of expertise
- ASX Listed Entities
- Private owner-operated businesses
- Aged care, health and community services
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Business in Accountancy (Distinction) - RMIT
- Registered Company Auditor
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Affiliate Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Committee Member CPA Australia Centre of Excellence - External Department
- Committee Member CPA Australia Public Practice Committee (Vic Division) 2005 - 2012
- Committee Member CPA Australia Public Practice Advisory Committee 2007 - 2012
- Financial Advisor - Ethnic Communities’ Council of Australia (2008 - 2014)