Keith started his career at HLB Mann Judd in the business services division, during which he was able to develop broad accounting and business advisory skills which today complement his tax skills.
Keith is an experienced strategic tax advisor specialising in tax consulting and compliance matters for businesses varying in size and operations.
Keith has established and maintained longstanding relationships with clients in a diverse range of industries. His clients are predominately privately owned companies, including private equity owned, and he advises both the companies and their shareholders. He also advises family businesses, high net worth individuals, property developers and managed investment schemes.
Keith delivers exceptional and responsive service to his clients, working closely to deliver pragmatic solutions and explaining complex areas of the law in a meaningful way. His deep understanding of tax legislation and broad industry knowledge means he is able to solve tax issues efficiently and effectively and provide advice on other areas of the law.
Keith’s recent assignments include:
- Advising property developers on the GST treatment on the development and lease of student accommodation, specifically in relation to whether the student accommodation constituted commercial residential premises.
- Advising key stakeholders on whether returning value to shareholders via an equal share capital reduction under the Corporations Act will be subject to the anti-avoidance provisions.
- Advising property developers on the income tax issues relating to a proposed land development project to be completed in several stages.
- Advising shareholders on the principal Australian income tax implications arising upon the issuance and buy-back of shares, which included consideration of the Employee Share Scheme, Division 7A, Fringe Benefits Tax and Value Shifting Provisions.
Areas of expertise
- Property Development
- Family Business
- Corporate Tax Consulting & Compliance
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Adviser