Matthew Hocking has 10 years of insolvency experience working in the Restructuring and Risk Advisory team at HLB Mann Judd.
Matthew began working at the Sydney firm in 2005. Following a year working in business services/taxation, he began specialising in the newly established business recovery and insolvency division at HLB Mann Judd.
Matthew has had experience in a variety of insolvency appointments including voluntary administrations, deeds of company arrangement, provisional & official liquidations, members’ and creditors’ voluntary liquidations, receivership and personal insolvency as well as various informal restructuring appointments. He became a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia in 2008 and a member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (formerly IPA).
Some of Matt’s most significant recent engagements have included:
- Lisa Ho Group, a high end fashion design and retail business encompassing numerous retail sites across Australia and design function.
- Allbooks4less, a book wholesaler and retailer with 40 store locations across the eastern states of Australia and a significant wholesale business.
- Traxion Group, a national manufacturing and maintenance business providing services predominately to the rail industry.
- Woodhead, a highly regarded architectural firm with offices across Australia and in Singapore.
Areas of expertise
- Business recovery
- General insolvency
- Restructure advice
- Strategic planning and management
- Wholesale and retail trade
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) University of Adelaide
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (formerly IPA)