Mike is a director of HLB Mann Judd Adelaide. He has extensive experience in strategy, CFO and finance roles, and has worked in major blue-chip organisations as well as advised SMEs throughout their business life-cycle. Mike’s career has provided him with international experiences; having worked with UK, US and Australian organisations.
Mike specialises in technology, e-commerce, manufacturing, and service companies and has helped with business turnarounds, financial transformation and preparing them for growth and sale.
Mike has been the owner and CEO of several businesses and uses this wealth of experience to advise and guide SMEs on establishing targets to achieve their objectives and vision. Mike’s methodology for driving strategy is through data and financial insights.
Mike’s belief is that successful businesses are based on building brands that are connected with their customers and work environments that encourage people to collaborate and live their purpose.
Mike is a key presenter of the export ready workshops on costing, pricing and risk management. This is aimed at emerging exporters, exporters looking for geographical diversification and mature exporters innovating and developing best practice. He has been an Export Award Judge since 2015.
Areas of expertise
- Board advisory
- Business strategy
- Financial management and education
- Budgets and cashflow analysis
- Exporting (costing, pricing and risk management)
- Technology and e-commerce
- Manufacturing (food & beverage)
- Professional services
Qualifications & memberships
- Associate, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Economics
- Supports community and not-for-profits in South Australia in developing their strategies and financial management.
- Mentor for the Business SA Young Entrepreneur Scheme
- Export Award judge