Todd Gammel brings a formidable 18 years of insolvency experience to the Business Recovery and Insolvency team at HLB Mann Judd.
Joining the firm in 2011, Todd added a valuable skill-set from a range of experience that spans boutique insolvency firms to some of Australia’s largest practices including seven years with one of the ‘‘big four’’ firms, five of which were in an account director role.
Todd’s expertise as an insolvency practitioner encompasses both formal and informal insolvency matters. He has participated in administrations, deed of company arrangements, receiverships, property appointments, members and creditors liquidations. Todd has also played an integral role in investigating accountant reviews, cost reduction reviews, dispute assessment, mediation and monitoring arrangements. He has worked across a spectrum of industries spanning property, construction, hospitality, transport, manufacturing, professional service firms plus wholesale and retail trade sectors.
Highly regarded for his ability to identify and achieve commercial resolutions, Todd’s key strength lies in his ability to develop and communicate clear strategies that appeal to a cross-section of stakeholders, allowing a project to move forward. He has a strong ethos of maintaining clear lines of communication at all times, something that his clients clearly value. Some of Todd’s most significant recent engagements have included:
- Lisa Ho Group, a high end fashion design and retail business encompassing numerous retail sites across Australia and design function. This matter included all the major issues being faced by retail, particularly fashion retailers in Australia, being competition between supply and working capital, branding and gross margin and retail presence and costs of retail sites.
Areas of expertise
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Transaction Structure and Strategy
- Wholesale and Retail Trade
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) - University of Western Sydney
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Registered and Official Liquidator