- Leadership role in an Award-winning Firm, part of a global advisory & accounting network in 159 countries
- Access to Partners, career-shaping development opportunities & merit-based culture
- Fast paced environment, flexible work hours & hybrid working
It’s what we do together that sets us apart
YOUR NEW TEAM
HLB Mann Judd is an advisory and accounting network with a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Awards; having been voted ‘Best Accounting Firm’ by our clients 6 years running – a testament to our great people delivering great results! Lead by 14 Partners, we recognise that our people are our strongest asset.
We are member of HLB International, the 13th largest accounting network in the world, a global network of advisory and accounting firms that provide professional services in 159 countries and won International Accounting Network of the Year in 2020. Our Melbourne Firm has a strong client focus on working with SME’s, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies. In 2021 we were awarded “Best Accounting & Consulting Services Firm” and “Best Professional Services Firm” at the Financial Review Client Choice Awards.
YOUR NEW ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Manager to provide support and leadership to our external auditor team. We could also support a high performing experienced auditor in making the step up to an Assistant Manager role. You will play an integral role in guiding your team to develop solutions for a diverse group of clients across a range of industries.
Your solid foundation of audit experience gained in a small, medium or large audit practice will allow you to work autonomously, delegate work effectively and support the careers of others. Your natural thirst for knowledge and continuous learning along with your strong communication and relationship building skills position you as a trusted advisor with your clients. As you take responsibility for a portfolio of clients, you will delegate to the Audit Senior and other junior team members, reviewing their work and providing coaching/training.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING WITH YOU:
- A minimum of 5 years Audit experience, some experience in a leadership capacity
- Progress toward or completion of CA/CPA qualification
- Proficiency in Audit – technically sound and appropriate to level of experience
- Ability to work on a breadth of engagements of various size and complexity
- A critical thinker with a curious mind and professional skepticism
- Accountability for your tasks and those of your team
- Competent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Time and priority management skills
- A passion for client service
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive salary package dependant on skills and experience
- Strong merit-based culture and history of internal promotion
- Ongoing people management support from Partners and Human Resources
- On-the-job training with accessible partners and supportive managers that will guide you through your career
- Formal training aimed at accelerating your development and maximising your potential
- An inclusive and supportive team environment
- Opportunities to work from day one with a broad range of clients
- Genuine work/life balance with paid parental leave and options to purchase additional annual leave
- Team building activities, fun events, and an active social club
- Opportunities to get involved and give back to the community through fundraising and events
If you are excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Click apply now and upload a cover letter describing why you’re the best fit for the role, your resume, and a copy of your academic transcripts.
For more information, call Kristy, HR Coordinator on 9606 3318.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone screen, due to the volume of applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants individually.
Please note that preferred candidates will be required to undergo a Police Check and VEVO check.