- Permanent full time role
- Clear career path and opportunity to progress
- Immediate start available
- CBD Location
It’s what we do together that sets us apart
HLB Mann Judd is an advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Our member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji have a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Awards. For the past six years our clients have voted us ‘Best Accounting Firm’ – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
An immediate opportunity exists within our Business Services division for Supervisor with approximately 5+ years’ experience.
Your excellent inter-personal and communication skills will provide you with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally. Possessing a strong client service focus is imperative as is the ability to be completely accountable for your tasks and work productively as part of a small team.
The duties of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Providing a range of financial management services including meeting compliance requirements with regular financial and management reports;
- Supervising and being responsible for a portfolio of clients with assistance of the Partner and Divisional Manager;
- Supervising the preparation of tax returns, BAS, FBT, payroll tax returns and financial reports for clients;
- Servicing individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and superannuation funds;
- Supporting junior staff within the team and supervising the completion of their work;
- Ensuring that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements;
- Ensuring jobs are completed within the set budget; and
- Contributing to the effectiveness and efficiency of all team activities.
These duties will be performed in a team environment and it is essential that the successful applicant has the ability to work as part of a team under the direction of Divisional Managers and Partners.
The successful candidate
To be eligible for this role, candidates must have:
- Completed the CA Program;
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience ideally in either a Big 4 or mid-tier firm;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, MYOB, Xero, Intuit Quickbooks, and Reckon;
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop solid relationships both internally and externally;
- A commercial approach and be a strategic thinker; and
- A passion for client service.
What’s in it for you
HLB Mann Judd’s Brisbane office (“the Firm”) is a 10 Partner firm, providing a wide range of accounting, auditing, taxation and consulting services to SME’s, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies. The firm is a member of the HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association which consists of 9 member firms and 3 representative firms and has approximately 85 partners and 600 staff members.
We are a member of HLB International, a global network of advisory and accounting firms providing professional services in over 150 countries throughout nearly 750 office locations.
In return for your commitment and expertise, HLB Mann Judd will support you in progressing your career and provides a supportive, friendly working environment. As a leading professional services firm, we are committed to developing our people. We do this by offering:
- The opportunity to work in a reputable mid-tier accounting practice;
- A friendly environment where everyone feels part of a team;
- On-going professional development;
- Genuine work/life integration;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Career breaks; and
- Paid parental leave.
If you have the requisite skills and experience and would like to work with us, then please apply by sending a cover letter describing your suitability for the position, along with a current resume to Cheryl Pople, HR Manager.