- Close knit, supportive, specialist team
- Clear career path with a development emphasis across varied clients
- CBD with some travel to regional Victorian clients required (license and vehicle essential)
It’s what we do together that sets us apart
HLB Mann Judd is an advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Our member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji have a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Awards for ‘Best Accounting Firm’ for consecutive years – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
We are seeking an Internal Audit/Risk Consultant with a minimum of 18 months experience (preferably gained in a professional services environment), who is ready to build on their foundation of risk experience and use their skills to add value to a variety of clients.
Led by a young and enthusiastic Partner, the Risk and Consulting team in our Audit and Assurance Division, has recently won some new and challenging work in various sectors, both in Melbourne and regional Victoria. This is an opportune time to join a successful team, develop your skills and progress your career in Risk.
Your excellent inter-personal and communication skills will provide you with a platform to build credibility internally and externally with our valued clients. Possessing a strong client service focus is imperative as is the ability to be completely accountable for your tasks and work productively as part of a small team.
Does this sound like you?
A minimum of 18 months of Internal Audit experience, preferably in a professional services environment;
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Ability to assist in report writing for engagements;
- Experience in performing sample testing during internal audit fieldwork;
- Comfortable regularly communicating in client facing roles and delivering high quality work;
- Keen to undertake or continue with a post-graduate qualification in CA/CPA/CIA;
- Ability to work well as part of a small team and prepared to contribute wherever required;
- Possesses a current driver’s license and a motor vehicle;
- Is prepared to travel to regional Victoria on occasion to complete short engagements;
- A basic understanding of internal audit methodologies, requirements and client’s businesses; and
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Who we are:
HLB Mann Judd Melbourne is a 14 partner firm based in the CBD.
- We have a strong client focus working with SME’s, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies.
- We are member of HLB, a global network of advisory and accounting firms that provides professional services in over 150 countries throughout nearly 750 office locations.
- In 2018 we were awarded “Best Accounting Firm” and “Best Professional Services Firm” in our revenue category at the Financial Review Client Choice Awards.
- Our tagline, ‘together we make it happen,’ recognises that our people are the firm’s strongest asset.
Together we will ensure you:
- Receive on the job training with accessible partners and managers that will guide you through your career.
- Have the right support to complete your studies including financial assistance, access to a mentor and generous study leave
- Work in a small team environment – we believe you are more than just a number!
- Work with a broad range of clients from day one.
- Receive market remuneration and a monthly travel allowance
- Have a genuine work/life balance with paid parental leave and options to purchase additional annual leave.
- Are part of a social and active firm which encourages participation through group activities and events.
- Get involved with the community through regular fundraising and CSR events.
If you are excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you.
As a part of the application process we ask you to apply by sending a cover letter describing your suitability for the position, along with a current resume and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquires welcome to Nicole Hartigan, HR Manager 9606 3353.
The successful candidate must have full access to a motor vehicle and a driver’s license to legally drive in Australia.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants individually; however shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone screen.
Please do not apply if you have not yet gained approval for permanent residency status, or if you are not currently based in Australia.