- Brand new role
- Flexible job location – Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide preferred
- Work From Home Opportunities
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manager – Audit Support to join our team. You will be able to apply your existing level of technical audit expertise while you lead and develop excellence in auditing across the Network.
As a key member of the HLB Mann Judd Australasian team, the position’s main objective is to lead continuous improvement initiatives in Audit Quality across the Australasian Network. In addition, the role will provide support to our Audit & Assurance teams in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji by strengthening audit capability across the organisation through learning programs, development of tools, resources and technical consultation.
This is a new role and there is the opportunity to evolve it and make it your own.
Develop and execute an annual work plan in consultation with the Australasian Audit Committee and Director of Professional Standards to support audit teams to consistently carry out high-quality audits.
- Consult with the nominated technical champions for each office to identify challenges and opportunities.
- Provide timely, accurate and practical tools and implementation guidance for new standards or agreed Audit Quality Initiatives.
- Maintain and enhance the Network’s Audit methodology
- Maintain and enhance Audit templates and tools that ensure an efficient and compliant audit.
- Lead the design, content and delivery of Network learning and development activities.
- Technical consultation – Provide advice and support to audit teams on complex issues and opinion formulation.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a strong auditing background, be able to roll up their sleeves, prioritize multiple projects and have good attention to detail. Importantly the candidate must have a can-do attitude. In addition, the candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships with partners and key stakeholders across our network.
- CA / CPA qualification.
- 6+ years experience in delivering audit/assurance services
- Comprehensive and current understanding of Auditing Standards including application.
- Experience in a technical role is an advantage.
- Ability to take responsibility, show initiative and put forward innovative ideas and see them through.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner to a high standard.
HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association is a network of independently owned accounting firms with more than 700 staff and 90 partners in offices throughout Australia, New Zealand and Fiji We provide a broad range of professional services including Audit & Assurance, Business Advisory, Tax Consulting, Wealth Management, Corporate Advisory and Restructuring & Risk Advisory. Our clients consider us to be their ‘trusted adviser’ and look beyond our accounting skills. We take a great deal of pride in the quality and diversity of our clients as well as our ability to help them achieve their financial and management goals. We were recently awarded Best Accounting Firm (revenue $50-$200m) and overall Best Professional Services Firm (revenue $50-$200m) at the 2021 Client Choice Awards. We are proud of these awards and believe they reflect how HLB Mann Judd is seen by those who matter the most to us – our clients.
As a mid-sized accounting network, we are big enough to offer a range of opportunities to our people and small enough to cultivate close working relationships within our teams. HLB firms are also part of HLB International, a global network of independent advisory and accounting firms. Through the power of 32,839 professionals across 159 countries, HLB firms combine local expertise and global capabilities to service client needs.
We are looking for smart, down-to-earth, and truly great people, who want to work with a great team.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to build your career
- Work in a fun, friendly and flexible environment
- Competitive remuneration package and employee benefits
If you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you!
Please apply above with your CV and covering lettering including your preferred location.