- Short term contract role, with potential for becoming permanent
- Immediate start required & some remote working from home available
- Great opportunity to join a close knit, specialist team;
- Utilise your prior internal audit/risk experience in professional services
It’s what we do together that sets us apart
HLB Mann Judd is an advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Our member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji have a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Awards in which we have been recognised 7 times for ‘Best Accounting Firm’. These prestigious awards are based on feedback from our clients – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
Due to significant growth we are seeking a short term contractor to work with our team. We are seeking an Internal Audit/Risk Senior with a minimum of 3 years experience, who is committed to professional growth and who has a strong foundation of experience in Internal Audit/Risk Assurance. Experience in a professional services environment is essential.
The successful candidate must have full access to a motor vehicle and a driver’s license to legally drive in Australia.
Led by a young and enthusiastic Partner, the Risk Assurance & Consulting team has recently won some new and challenging work in various sectors, both in Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Your excellent inter-personal and communication skills will provide you with a platform to build credibility internally and externally with our valued clients. Possessing a strong client service focus is imperative as is the ability to be completely accountable for your tasks and work productively as part of a small team.
Does this sound like you?
- A minimum of 3 years, of Internal Audit/Risk experience and ability to conduct operational reviews, financial systems reviews, and compliance reviews;
- Comfortable regularly communicating in client facing roles (even whilst remote) and delivering high quality work;
- Strong written communication skills to prepare internal audit reports;
- Working toward a post-graduation qualification in CA/CPA/CIA, or possess one already!
- Strong attention to detail and committed to meeting deadlines;
- Works well as part of a small team and is prepared to contribute wherever required;
- Possesses a current driver’s license and a motor vehicle;
- Prepared to travel to regional Victoria if required and be away overnight at least 3 nights/month to complete short engagements;
- Report writing – can articulate observations/findings into detailed reports;
- Is a problem solver with an enquiring mind and can think outside the box;
- Is experienced in performing reviews independently with oversight from management
- Permanent resident who is available to commence work immediately.
Who we are
HLB Mann Judd’s Melbourne office (“the Firm”) is a 14 Partner firm, providing a wide range of accounting, auditing, risk management, taxation and consulting services to SME’s, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies. The firm is a member of the HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association which consists of 9 member firms and 3 representative firms and has approximately 85 partners and 600 staff members. HLB Mann Judd is also part of HLB International, the global advisory and accounting network that has member firms in 153 countries and staff in 745 offices worldwide.
In return for your commitment and expertise, HLB Mann Judd will support you in progressing your career and provides a friendly working environment. As a leading professional services firm, we are committed to developing our people. We do this by offering:
- Leading edge professional development;
- Genuine work/life integration & work from home opportunities
- Competitive remuneration;
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave;
- Career breaks;
- The opportunity to work with a broad range of clients; and
- Paid parental leave.
If you have the requisite skills and experience and would like to work with us, then please apply by sending a cover letter describing your suitability for the position, along with a current resume. For a confidential discussion, please contact Nicole Hartigan (03) 9606 3353.
Please do NOT apply if you do not have permanent residency or are not able to commence work within 1 week of applying.
Note – no agencies please.