- Great opportunity to join a close knit, specialist team;
- Clear career path & opportunity;
- Utilise your prior internal audit/risk experience in professional services
- Flexible approach to work
It’s what we do together that sets us apart
HLB Mann Judd is an advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Our member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji have a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Awards. For the past six years our clients have voted us ‘Best Accounting Firm’ – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
We are seeking an Internal Audit/Risk Senior Consultant with a minimum of 3 years experience, preferably more, who is committed to professional growth and who has a strong foundation of experience in Internal Audit/Risk Assurance. Prior experience in a professional services environment is essential.
Led by a young and enthusiastic Partner, the Risk Assurance & Consulting team has recently won some new and challenging work in various sectors, both in Melbourne and regional Victoria (hence a drivers license & vehicle is essential). This is a great time to join a successful team with opportunities for career development and mentorship.
Your excellent inter-personal and communication skills will provide you with a platform to build credibility internally and externally with our valued clients. Possessing a strong client service focus is imperative as is the ability to be completely accountable for your tasks and work productively as part of a cohesive and close knit team.
Does this sound like you?
- A minimum of 3 years, however the more the better, of Internal Audit/Risk experience and ability to conduct operational reviews, financial systems reviews, and compliance reviews;
- You have worked in professional services previously and thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Comfortable regularly communicating in client facing roles and delivering high quality work;
- Strong written communication skills to prepare internal audit reports;
- Working toward a post-graduation qualification in CA/CPA/CIA, or possess one already!
- Strong attention to detail and committed to meeting deadlines;
- Works well as part of a small team and is prepared to contribute wherever required;
- Report writing – can articulate observations/findings into detailed reports;
- A problem solver with an enquiring mind and can think outside the box;
- Experienced in performing reviews independently with oversight from management’
- Possesses a current driver’s license and a motor vehicle
- Prepared to travel to regional Victoria on occasion to complete short engagements.
Who we are:
- We are a 14 partner firm based in the CBD.
- We have a strong client focus working with SME’s, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies.
- We are member of HLB, a global network of advisory and accounting firms that provides professional services in over 150 countries throughout nearly 800 office locations.
- In 2020 we were awarded “Best Accounting Firm” in our revenue category at the Financial Review Client Choice Awards.
- Our tagline, ‘together we make it happen,’ recognises that our people are the firm’s strongest asset.
Together we will ensure you:
- Receive on the job training with accessible partners and managers that will guide you through your career.
- Have the right support to complete your CA studies including financial assistance, CA master class, access to a mentor and generous study leave (HLB is RTE – no need for CA log books).
- Work in a small team environment – we believe you are more than just a number!
- Work from day one with a broad range of clients.
- Have a genuine work/life balance with paid parental leave and options to purchase additional annual leave.
- Are part of a social and active firm which encourages participation through group activities and events.
- Get involved with the community through regular fundraising and CSR events.
If you are excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. As a part of the application process we ask you to apply by sending a cover letter addressing the duties of the position and describing your suitability for the position, along with a current resume and academic transcripts to email@example.com. Please note that preferred candidates will be required to undergo a Police Check, Working with Children Check and VEVO check.
The successful candidate must have full access to a motor vehicle and a driver’s license to legally drive in Australia, as occasionally there will be some regional Victorian travel to visit clients. Enquires welcome to Nicole Hartigan, HR Manager (03) 9606 3353.
Please note that due to current border closures, only applicants who are currently based in Australia will be considered for this role and all applicants must already possess full working rights in Australia. Please do not apply if you are not currently residing in Australia or do not have working rights. No agencies please.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants individually; however shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone screen.
Please do not apply if you have not yet gained approval for permanent residency status, or if you are not currently based in Australia.