HLB Mann Judd’s Sydney Office has 18 Partners and approximately 160 staff. We provide our clients with a comprehensive range of services including Tax Consulting, Business Services, Audit and Assurance, Financial Planning and Corporate Advisory Services across a broad range of industry sectors.
This year, we were named “Best Accounting & Consulting Services Firm” in our revenue category at the 2020 Client Choice Awards. For the past eight years, we have been repeatedly awarded for our exceptional client service.
These awards are testament to our great people and their long-standing focus providing the best client service – together we make it happen!
Reporting directly to the Managers and Partners, you will be providing a wide range of business and taxation services to an assorted client base of SME’s to large corporate organisations across a broad array of industry sectors.
As a senior accountant within our corporate stream, you will:
- Prepare, review and finalize tax returns for individuals, companies, partnerships, trusts; fringe benefit tax returns
- Prepare consolidated tax returns and assist Manager/Director/Partner with tax consolidation issues
- Oversee the preparation of work paper files
- Review of taxation calculations and provisions for audit or business services divisions or clients as appropriate
- Ensure all review points are dealt with appropriately
- Ensure supervisor or above is aware of any discussions with and comments made by clients
- Provide general tax advice to clients (e.g. advice for purchasing new assets, research on ATO & internet, prepare a memo with tax implications for the client)
- Provide detailed written tax advice on a wide range of taxation issues, for example, obtaining information about clients, detailed research on legislation & previous tax advice, drafting advice
- with a high level of detail.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4 years’ experience local public practice experience
- An in-depth knowledge of Australian taxation laws and an understanding of the importance of working within the regulatory framework
- Strong attention to detail
- Polished presentation and superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organisational and follow-through skills to ensure all compliance deadlines are met
- An ability to work without supervision and as part of a team
- CTA or CA qualified or currently studying