It’s what we do together that sets us apart.
HLB Mann Judd is an advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Our member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji have a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Awards. Our clients have previously voted us ‘Best Accounting Firm’ – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
In this exciting role you will gain exposure to complex and interesting taxation issues from a domestic and international perspective. We offer a great career with an opportunity to be part of a strong and close team.
Reporting directly to the Partner and Senior Manager your duties will include:
- Responsibilities for managing assignments, identifying and advising on tax planning opportunities and undertaking specialist technical assignments as required.
- Preparation of tax returns, including those for Australian consolidated groups.
- Liaising with senior internal stakeholders and the ATO.
- Providing ad-hoc advice on taxation issues in relation to income tax, CGT, FBT and tax consolidation.
- Assisting our Audit division in respect of tax reviews and tax notes.
- Ensuring the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements.
- Supporting junior members within the team and supervising the completion their work.
- Ensuring jobs are completed within the set budget.
The successful candidate
- Chartered Accounting or CPA qualifications are essential, and a Big 4 background will be highly regarded.
- CTA desirable
- Master’s Degree in Taxation or equivalent, preferable
- 5-6 years’ experience with a corporate taxation focus and strong exposure to multi-national taxation reporting.
- Display maturity when dealing with clients and staff which is consistent with the HLB Mann Judd brand.
What’s in it for you?
- Work in a reputable mid-tier accounting practice
- Friendly environment where everyone feels part of the team
- Work/life balance
In return HLB Mann Judd will offer the successful candidate an attractive salary package and career opportunity that will be both challenging and rewarding within a welcoming working environment that reflects a commitment to career development, life balance and support.