A rare opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing tax consulting practice in a flexible part time role in the CBD – work school hours if that suits or 3-4 day week.
- Tax advisory focus with broad, diverse, growing client base
- Mentoring team environment
- Tailored career plan
- Genuine work and life integration
It’s what we do together that sets us apart
HLB Mann Judd is a full service accounting firm and is part of HLB International which is represented in 153 countries, 745 offices and 27,495 staff. Our network annual revenue is US$2.73 billion. In Melbourne we have 15 Partners and over 110 staff.
At HLB Mann Judd, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent services to our clients and this has culminated in the firm winning the BRW Client Choice Awards for the best mid-tier accounting firm in 2013 and 2014 and in the same category for the AFR Client Choice Awards in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Due to significant growth and a commitment to diversity, we are offering a role for a part time Tax Manager to join our close-knit Tax Consulting Division. This role will suit someone that wants to continue to succeed as a professional tax advisor in a supportive and dynamic environment, whilst having the flexibility to meet the demands of life outside work. This is a genuine and unique part time opportunity for an experienced, committed and passionate Tax professional who can contribute at least 24 hours within a working week and this can be flexibly structured as school hours or 4 days per week.
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team that has enjoyed significant year on year consistent growth over the last 5 years and contribute in the following ways:
- High attention to technical quality but with a focus on helping our clients practically
- Be responsible for a portfolio of clients to help ensure regular contact and forward planning of issues
- A desire to develop professionally, learn and be open to new challenges
- Mentor and train the junior team members eager to learn
- Work closely with the other Tax Managers to administer the success of the Division.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a professional tax consulting team with a diverse range of clients ranging from exciting scale up companies, national and international private business, listed companies and subsidiaries of multi-nationals, funds management and property developers. We also embrace the use of technology to work flexibly as required.
You will also be offered a tailored professional development program to help you succeed, be mentored by our Tax Partner and be offered formal training programs at least twice a month on top of significant “on the job” training.
Does this sound like you?
You are an individual who has:
- A minimum of 6 years Tax Consulting experience – preferably gained at some point in your career, in a specialised Tax team in a professional services firm, (note that experience as a Business Services Manager is not appropriate experience).
- CA and / or a Masters of Tax qualification;
- Capability to succinctly explain key tax risks and challenges to clients and provide accurate, timely, pragmatic solutions for a fast growing and broad client base;
- The ability to bring out the best in team members and create an environment for them to express and share ideas; whilst fostering their learning;
- Client relationship building skills; and
- Passion for your work and the desire to potentially specialise
Together we will ensure you:
- Receive on the job training with accessible partners and managers that will guide you through your career.
- Work in a team environment – we believe you are more than just a number!
- Work with a broad range of clients from day one.
- Have a genuine work/life balance with paid parental leave and options to purchase additional annual leave.
- Are part of a social and active firm which encourages participation through group activities and events.
- Get involved with the community through regular fundraising and CSR events.
If you are excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you.
As a part of the application process we ask you to apply by sending a cover letter describing your suitability for the position, along with a current resume and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquires welcome to Nicole Hartigan, HR Manager 9606 3353.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants individually; however shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone screen.
Please do not apply if you have not yet gained approval for permanent residency status, or if you are not currently based in Australia.