The South Australian Government announced a cash grants ‘lifeline’ for SA small businesses and income support payments for regional workers affected by the state-wide lockdown.
The lifeline includes:
- $3,000 emergency cash grant for eligible employing businesses
- $1,000 emergency cash grant for eligible non-employing businesses
- Income support payments up to $600 for eligible workers in regional SA, who live or work outside of declared ‘hotspots’ and are not eligible for Federal Government support payments.
To be eligible for the one-off $3,000 and $1,000 emergency cash grant payments, a business must as at 12.01am Tuesday, 20 July 2021:
- Be located within South Australia
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020-21 or 2019-20, and be registered for GST
- Employ people in South Australia (not required for non-employing businesses)
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in 2019-20
- Have a valid ABN
- Experience at least a 30 per cent reduction in turnover due to the restricted trading conditions, compared to the week prior.
Click here for further information on the South Australian cash grants lifeline recently announced due to 7-day lockdown.
Please do not hesitate to contact your HLB Mann Judd Contact Partner if you have any queries about the cash grants lifeline.