All of the latest tax news, views and clues for June 2021.
This Alert addresses:
- Tax Time for 2021 is almost here, but the ATO is warning against lodging too early, before all your income information becomes available;
- The ATO has announced it will run a new data-matching program to collect property management data for the 2018–2019 to 2022–2023 financial years, and will extend the existing rental bond data-matching program through to 30 June 2023;
- ATO offers solution for those with a tax debt that is compounding their financial difficulties;
- ATO’s discretion to retain refunds extends to income tax in an effort to combat phoenixing activities;
- 2021 FBT returns are due for businesses that have provided fringe benefits to their employees, and;
- ATO warns that phishing and investment scams are on the rise.