Welcome to the seventh annual Sydney Metropolitan Golf Survey published by HLB Mann Judd Sydney. The main objectives of this report are to:
- Inform clubs on the performance of the industry as a whole over the past 12 months;
- Serve as a benchmarking tool of useful information to compare the performance of your home club against other clubs in the Sydney Metropolitan area; and
- Present our opinions on the direction of the golf industry for the coming 12 months.
The information in this report is taken from our sample of 92 courses classified as being part of the Sydney Metropolitan area.
Some of the key highlights contained in our survey include:
- Revenue from joining fees continues to segregate clubs;
- Wages on average have again increased this year, rising 1.9% in the 2016 year;
- Revenue received from membership subscriptions rose by 0.6% despite a decrease in playing numbers;
- The average spend at the bar is $518 per member, a slight increase from the previous year.