We offer clients an exceptional combination of experience and technical expertise.
HLB Mann Judd’s industry professionals have an appreciation for various commercial issues facing the funds management industry. We believe we can add value to your affairs through our specialised knowledge gained from dealing with a large number of clients in the industry.
We have experience working with clients that invest across all asset classes, from private equity and real estate, to equities, fixed income and distressed debt.
HLB Mann Judd has a global presence through the HLB International network. This means we are able to assist investment managers and structures that have a presence in multiple jurisdictions to meet their global tax, accounting and regulatory requirements.
How we help clients
Our strategy and approach is centred around building long term relationships with our clients by understanding their business and listening to their needs. We can assist with all parts of the fund lifecycle from set-up, day-to-day administration through to exit.
Our team brings a range of specialists with expertise in tax and accounting, audit and financial reporting, corporate secretarial, advisory and transaction services.
Some of our industry-specific services include:
- Structuring your operations, both domestically and internationally
- Review compliance with MIT/AMIT requirements
- Tax consequences of closing down businesses
- Determining and advising on the tax treatment of complicated financial instruments
- Advising on issues including impact of TOFA, application of debt/equity rules and entitlement to ITCs/RITCs
- Assistance with all compliance requirements
- Assistance with various third party reporting regimes for managed funds including KYL/AMI, FATCA, CRS, AIIRs, TFN and FIRB
- Managing tax audits and assistance with private rulings
- Preparation and review of transfer pricing documentation
Audit & assurance services
- Audits of financial reports of managed funds
- Audits for AFSL requirements
- Scheme compliance plan audits
- Derivative risk management statement reports
- Internal control reviews
- Independent financial report preparation or review
- Independent unit pricing review
- Custodian or administrator provider transition reviews
Outsourced fund administration
- Fund accounting services including maintaining accounting records and performing general ledger reconciliations
- Liaison with investment managers, property managers and other parties
- Managing client and statutory reporting
- Preparing and lodging BAS’s
- Preparing distribution calculations and distribution statements for investors
- Valuations and formal process mapping and improvement
Corporate Secretarial services
- Incorporation of legal entities
- Organising and drafting minutes and resolutions
- Statutory filings
- Assistance with preparation of information to be included in fund offering documents
- In-house training to upskill clients, including updates on changes to the regulatory environment
- Project support for clients implementing new software systems or reorganising their accounting function
- Staff placements to alleviate short or long term resourcing issues.