We provide practical advice on optimising firm and individual partner profits.
HLB Mann Judd provides specialist accounting, tax and business advisory services to the legal profession. Our extensive experience has given us a detailed understanding of the structures and profit drivers of legal practices.
HOW WE HELP CLIENTS
We partner with the legal profession in a number of different ways.
Practice support, structuring and partnership agreements
We are able to review the effectiveness of your practice’s business model and, if necessary, provide tax-effective strategies to optimise the return on your financial investment and time.
For practitioners considering a partnership, we are able to act as an unbiased sounding board and adviser by providing:
- A review of partnership offers, detailing the benefits and risks, including an analysis of the financial implications (profit split, cash contributions and goodwill versus non-goodwill structures).
- Common discussion points to assist in negotiating partnership opportunities.
- Explanations on the implications of the various partnership models and their financial impacts.
Personal financial strategy and support
We work with barristers, sole practitioners and partners of legal firms advising them on all aspects of their business, tax and financial needs.
Let us review your current position so we can assist you with your tax affairs and other business needs.
HLB Mann Judd is proud of its award-winning client service. We regularly partner with our clients’ advisors to ensure they receive the best possible support and advice. We also provide specialised services to assist clients of law firms including:
- Forensic accounting for business and matrimonial disputes (links)
- Business valuations (links)
- Insolvency and restructuring services (links)
- Administration of deceased estates (links)
- Superannuation services for self-managed superannuation funds. (links)