Successful business restructuring and risk management starts with early identification of issues and then taking strategic actions.
HLB Mann Judd’s Restructuring and Risk Advisory team (RRA) provides specialist services and advice to stakeholders in situations where a business is experiencing financial or operational difficulties. We also work with stakeholders faced with risks exposing them to potential damage or loss.
Experience has proved that businesses exhibiting any or all of the following characteristics would benefit from consulting our RRA specialists:
- Declining margins, profits or recurring trading losses
- Failure to meet forecasts or poor/non-existent budgeting processes
- Deteriorating cash balances or working capital position
- Declining sales or inventory build-up
- Inability to reduce debt, loan repayment deferrals or working capital facilities that have become ‘core’ debt
- Breach of banking covenants
- Payments to creditors being made outside of normal trading terms or underpayment arrangements
- Inability to produce timely and accurate management accounts
- Failure to identify risks in a changing business environment
- Loss of key personnel.
How we help clients
With the ability to draw on specialists within the firms from our audit, tax, corporate advisory and business services divisions we offer comprehensive solutions for:
- Debtor assessment and process improvement reviews
- Business performance reviews
- Debt/equity structuring
- Refinancing options and financial forecasting reviews
- Planning and implementing business restructures and integrations
- Business sale and acquisition advice
- Cost reduction and product profitability analysis
- Informal work-outs
- Financial and operation risk assessments
- Private equity transactions
- Pre-lending reviews and investigating accountant’s reports for financiers
- Solvent winding up and distribution of assets
- Solvency and operational reviews
- Voluntary administrations and liquidations.
Where risks cannot be mitigated or business restructuring is not possible, we offer a full range of corporate and personal insolvency solutions.
Our specialists have advised and acted for company directors, creditors, secured lenders, shareholders and regulators in formal capacities, such as:
- Voluntary Administrators;
- Private and Court appointed Receivers and Managers;
- Agents for Mortgagee in Possession and Section 66G Trustees;
- Provisional and Official Liquidators;
- Liquidators in creditors’ voluntary winding ups; and
- Expert witnesses in insolvency related legal proceedings.
Where individuals are experiencing financial difficulties, we have advised and acted for creditors, debtors and regulators in formal capacities, such as:
- Trustees in Bankruptcy;
- Personal Insolvency Agreements (Part X’s);
- Private and Court appointed Receivers and Managers; and
- Agents for Mortgagee in Possession.
Please contact one of our specialists for a confidential no obligations discussion in relation to any of our services.