The tax laws and their impact on business are ever-changing.
This requires Board and management to consider domestic and foreign regulations, and a variety of practical and commercial issues, including rapid advances in technology.
Not only are the laws and commercial environments changing, but the ownership and operating structures of the corporates themselves are frequently changing, with mergers and acquisition (M&A) activity occurring both locally and with foreign investors.
The tax consolidation regime in particular offers many opportunities to structure and restructure tax-effectively, but these rules are also highly complex and present many traps for the unwary, making planning and a regular review crucial for any corporate structure.
It is therefore more vital than ever to engage a tax specialist who will deliver well-considered and timely advice.
HLB Mann Judd’s tax specialists advise the finance teams of corporates on effective approaches for a full range of corporate tax issues.
We work with a variety of businesses ranging from small start-ups right up to multi-billion turnover operations who are looking for innovative tax strategies without the big fees that come from engaging with the top tier firms.
How we help clients
Our corporate clients include ASX listed companies, subsidiaries / branches of multinational groups, family-owned businesses, venture capital and private equity fund managers, managed investment schemes, industry associations, charities and other not-for-profit organisations.
This requires a strong understanding of a wide range of Australian tax rules that may impact these organisations, as well as detailed knowledge of their main business activities. We assist our clients on all corporate tax compliance and advisory matters, including:
- A full range of tax advice and compliance assistance, covering income tax and specialty taxes such as GST, FBT, R&D tax concession claims, employment taxes and other State taxes.
- Assistance with the preparation and review of tax provision calculations and tax effect accounting calculations to assist with preparation of the audited financial statements.
- Advising on tax consolidation issues, including preparation of exit and entry calculations, the availability of tax losses transferred in to a tax consolidated group, and other matters.
- Tax due diligence assistance and other tax-related M&A advice, including advising on structuring and restructuring of the corporate group.
- Employee share scheme advice and assistance for the employer and its employees, including assistance with establishing and ongoing maintenance of employee share schemes.