We operate in an increasingly complex and evolving international tax environment.
With a greater focus in many countries on base erosion and profit-shifting (BEPS), it is more vital than ever to engage a tax specialist who will deliver well-considered and timely advice.
HLB Mann Judd’s international tax specialists advise corporate and private businesses on effective approaches for both inbound and outbound investments and operations.
We work with a range of businesses transacting internationally who are looking for innovative tax strategies without the big fees that come from engaging with the top tier firms.
How we help clients
Many of our clients trade internationally or have subsidiaries or joint ventures in multiple countries, and include in particular a large number of Australian subsidiaries or branches of multinational groups headquartered in a variety of different countries.
This requires a good understanding of both domestic and foreign jurisdiction taxes, as well as the application of any double tax agreements. In this regard, we advise on all inbound and outbound tax structuring and other strategies, including:
- Advice and compliance services for foreign-based businesses with Australian subsidiaries and representative offices, including establishment, registrations and reporting.
- Industry-specific and transaction-based transfer pricing advice and compliance.
- Assistance with the expanded reporting requirements for multinational subsidiaries operating in Australia, including complying with the new Country-by-Country reporting rules.
- Advice and compliance services for Australian businesses investing overseas.
- Consideration and advice in relation to Australia’s thin capitalization rules.
HLB International, the global advisory and accounting network
We arrange local country tax assistance through our international network of offices, and work in collaboration with our overseas colleagues to manage the corporate tax affairs of our multinational corporate clients. HLB International spans more than 150 countries giving our tax specialists extensive resources and contacts ensuring our advice can be relied upon at all times.