Alexander King is a Director who practices in tax consulting and compliance. He joined HLB Mann Judd as a graduate in 2008.
Alexander has extensive experience in corporate taxation, advising businesses (both publicly and privately-owned) across a range of industries including funds management, property, agribusiness and transport. Aside from domestic taxation issues, Alexander is experienced in advising on international tax issues, having spent time in New York with an HLB International member firm
Alexander has experience in a number of specialist areas, including:
- assisting fund managers on tax matters relating to the establishment and operation of funds, including MIT/AMIT eligibility and TOFA
- providing transaction advisory services for clients undergoing business transactions and restructures, including application of the tax consolidation regime
- advising clients on property transactions, including on matters relating to CGT, GST and stamp duty
- implementing investment structures that optimise commercial and taxation outcomes
- assisting taxpayers in with tax disputes and obtaining rulings.
Alexander is committed to creating value for clients through understanding their individual needs and delivering practical outcomes. He is regarded for his ability to advise on complex tax matters, combining his knowledge of the tax legislation with an understanding of commercial and industry specific issues.
Alexander is across the latest tax developments and advises clients on the impacts of legislative changes. He has published numerous articles addressing a range of tax issues.
Areas of expertise
- Corporate tax consulting and compliance
- Funds management and private equity
- Transactions and business restructuring
- International and cross-border taxation
- Property development and construction
- Tax consolidations
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering - University of Sydney
- Member, Tax Institute of Australia
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand