Alexander King is a Director who practices in tax compliance and consulting. He joined HLB Mann Judd as a graduate in 2008.
Alexander has extensive experience in corporate taxation, advising businesses (both publicly and privately-owned) across a range of industries including funds management, property, agribusiness and transport.
Alexander is committed to creating value for clients through understanding their individual needs to deliver practical outcomes. He is regarded for his ability to advise on complex tax matters, combining his knowledge of the tax legislation with an understanding of commercial and industry specific issues.
Alexander has experience in a number of specialist areas, including:
- assisting fund managers on tax matters including establishment and operation of funds
- providing transaction advisory services for clients undergoing business transactions and restructures
- advising clients on property transactions (including matters surrounding CGT, thin capitalisation, GST and stamp duty)
- advising clients on investment structures for asset protection
- assisting taxpayers in with tax disputes and obtaining rulings.
Alexander is across the latest tax developments and advises clients on the impacts of legislative changes. He has published numerous articles addressing a range of tax issues.
Areas of expertise
- Corporate tax compliance and advice
- Funds management including REITs
- Business restructuring and transactions advice
- International tax
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering - University of Sydney
- Member, Tax Institute of Australia
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand