In the role of director of financial reporting, Michelle provides leadership on financial reporting matters across the HLB Mann Judd Australasian network. This includes:
- overseeing the network’s thought leadership on financial reporting issues
- developing and delivering training content to meet the financial reporting needs of network firms
- providing technical accounting advice
- overseeing the financial reporting quality monitoring process.
Michelle has over 12 years’ audit experience, gained primarily from her time at an international mid-tier firm in South Africa. As an audit associate director, her client portfolio included small to large privately-owned companies, several listed entities and subsidiaries of overseas entities spanning a wide range of industries including manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, information technology, professional services and media. Michelle’s passion for learning and development saw her join the firm’s national training team at the earliest opportunity to assist with the development and delivery of training across the South African network, as well as to firms in other African countries, which she did for six years.
Since moving to Australia in 2015, Michelle has predominantly spent time at a large and complex retail group as its group financial reporting manager.
Areas of expertise
- Private companies
- Public companies
- Real estate
- Professional services
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce (with Honours) Accounting Sciences – University of Pretoria (South Africa)
- Member, South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand