Peter Bembrick has been providing tax assistance to businesses and individuals since he joined HLB Mann Judd more than 25 years ago, becoming a partner in 2004.
Peter is particularly well regarded for his broad understanding of domestic and international tax issues. This includes specific expertise in the areas of:
- corporate taxation, including the specific issues faced by subsidiaries of multinational groups and other inbound investment structures;
- capital gains tax (CGT), with an emphasis on tax effective business sales and restructures and applying small business concessions; and
- business structuring issues, including advising on CGT, GST and tax consolidation rules.
Peter’s opinions and expertise are widely sought after by industry and peers. He has served on advisory committees for Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand and has written numerous articles for business publications. His views and comments are continually sought by business journalists writing for Australia’s major media outlets.
Peter is the current chair of the HLB Mann Judd Australasian Tax Committee, and is also very active within HLB International, assisting his clients in partnership with colleagues in HLB offices all over the world. A results-driven practitioner recognised throughout the industry for his practicality, accessibility and a high commitment to client service, Peter is known for providing solutions that are technically robust and highly commercial.
Areas of expertise
- Business structures and restructuring
- Managed fund tax issues
- Corporate tax compliance and advice
- Capital gains tax, including small business concessions
- GST issues, including property transactions
- Tax issues for closely held businesses and family groups
- International tax issues
- Employment taxes, including employee share schemes
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) – University of NSW
- Master of Taxation – University of NSW
- Chartered Tax Advisor, The Tax Institute
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand