Steve is a committed and enthusiastic ‘HLB man’ joining straight from UTS as a graduate in 1998 and specifically choosing this mid-tier, high-growth organisation over a top tier firm because… “I liked their personal touch, dealing directly with clients and not being just a number filling in a time sheet diary as can happen in a megalithic organisation.”
In fact, Steve goes beyond the usual image of an accountant by saying he actually likes calling his clients and keeping in touch with their specific issues and needs. Steve became a partner in 2009 and is an industry respected auditor and corporate advisory partner specialising in funds management, manufacturing, transport & logistics enterprises, listed entities and corporate transaction advice, specifically business valuations. He plans to keep building this ‘hands on‘ expertise portfolio each year as his focussed career objective.
When asked about the challenges for companies and their auditors today he sees gaining understanding from the clients' directors to the ‘absolute independence and accountability’ as what auditors must bring as a key operating principle to the relationship. And for auditors: the importance of value-adding to this relationship on top of meeting all complex compliance needs.
Steve provides impartial, objective and independent valuation advice which are crucial elements in preparing valuations.
Areas of expertise
- Business and share valuations
- Valuation of private equity funds
- Due diligence
- Fund Managers and Associated Managed Investment Schemes
- Freight Forwarding
- Real Estate Agents - including trust accounts and outgoings
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Company Auditor
- CA Business Valuation Specialist
- CAANZ NSW Business Valuations Chair
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors