Tony Fittler is a highly credentialed tax consulting practitioner with over 25 years’ experience.
Well regarded as being both commercially savvy and technically astute, he possesses particularly strong skills in areas including:
- assisting fund managers in relation to their tax matters across both the funds they manage, as well as the management company (including responsible entities)
- advising medium-sized businesses (both privately and publicly owned) in relation to corporate taxation compliance
- advising clients undertaking business restructuring (and in particular, matters surrounding capital gains tax, thin capitalisation and GST)
- working on behalf of deceased estates, including acting as an expert witness in relation to estate taxation matters
- assisting taxpayers and their advisers in relation to tax audits and disputes.
A pragmatic and client-focused practitioner known for his ability to look beyond issues purely related to taxation, Tony is well regarded by both clients and peers for his innovative and personable approach. He is also chairman of the Australasian Association of HLB Mann Judd.
Areas of expertise
- Corporate Taxation Compliance
- Funds Management
- Tax Audits and Disputes
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Business
- Master of Taxation
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Family Business Australia
- Member, Australian Investment Council
- Member - Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners